We are finally into Spring and that means lots of time to enjoy the great outdoors! It’s also a perfect time to get your outside space ready for the summer. Whether it’s a smaller space or a larger one, there are a few tricks to keep you safe and ready for summer’s longer days in the fresh air. Here are our top tips to getting your garden/outside space ready for all that fun in the sunshine:
1. Keep all of your tools clean and in good repair and make sure to inspect them before you use them.
2. Ensure all tools, paint, sharp objects and chemicals are stored and kept away from children.
3. Keep all surfaces clean and free of any tripping hazards. One way to help is to use anti-slip strips on your stairs and walkways, like GripStrips.
4. Make sure you are using the correct footwear and clothing when conducting any gardening, DIY or mowing of the lawn.
5. Be sure to use power cords correctly and not in the rain. Inspect the cord every time you use it to make sure it is not frayed.
6. Make sure you are wearing your sunscreen. We know you might hear this one a lot! But it will help you stay out longer without burning yourself and risking heat stroke. Plus it will protect you from acquiring further sun damage to your skin.
7. Keep hydrated! Make sure you always have water on the go, you don’t want to risk over heating while out in the garden.
We hope you find these tips not only practical but useful. We can’t WAIT to get out there and enjoy the outdoors, and we hope when you do it’s fun and safe!
If you’d like to learn more about where to find and purchase GripStrips, please click here: http://cgsgripstrip.com/stores